GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system. From open source to business, you can host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside millions of other developers.
Can I delete my GitHub account?
Yes, you can delete your GitHub account and personal information permanently.
How to delete GitHub account
- Visit github.com website.
- Sign in to your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Choose the Settings menu.
- Change the active tab to Account.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Delete your account button.
- Enter your registered email address or username on GitHub.
- Verify by typing the delete my account phrase.
- Confirm your action by clicking on the Cancel plan and delete thus account button.