Telegram is a free messaging app that boasts secure and encrypted chats for all users. We are not limited to text. Conversations can be represented by pictures, voice, and video calls.
Can I delete my Telegram account?
Yes, you can delete your Telegram account and personal information.
How to delete Telegram account
- Open the Telegram app on your phone.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Then choose the Privacy and Security menu.
- Focus on the Delete my account option.
- Change the value of if away for to lowest possible, currently 1 month.
- Log out from Telegram, and delete the application.
- After one month with no activity, your account will automatically self-destruct.
Alternatively, you may manage Telegram account using their website, and account erasure is one of the setting available. It’s faster this way too.