WordPress is the most popular publishing platform in the world. They offer the self-hosting version of their CMS, or users can choose to use paid option.
Can I delete my WordPress account?
Yes, you can delete your WordPress account permanently.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org will have different procedures.
How to delete WordPress account
- Visit WordPress.com homepage.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Click on Close your account permanently.
- Confirm by clicking on then Close account button. It will deletes your Gravatar account too.
Erasing WordPress.org account
- Open WordPress.org Data Erasure Request forms.
- Fill in your email and required information.
- Press Accept Declaration and Request Permanent Account Deletion button.
- WordPress will send a verification message to your email address.